Summer Student- Energy Analyst
The green transition is fundamentally changing the power market and our experienced team of analysts provide our customers with the insight they need in a more complex future of energy. To strengthen our Market Analysis team in Arendal, we are looking for a summer student who is also interested in working part-time this fall and onwards.
- Search, process and evaluate market data used for our power market models
- Monitor and analyze daily forecasts, error tracing
- Evaluate modeling results compared to real market data
- Help us automate operational tasks
- Visualize and communicate results within the team
- Student in (energy) economics, (energy) engineering, or related disciplines (preferably students with an Indøk EMIL background).
- You are interested in the European power market, curious about its long-term future, and want to understand its complex relationships
- Dedicated, responsible, detail-oriented person with high personal motivation
- Ability to communicate and work with all manner of team members, in an inclusive way
- Good communication skills in both Norwegian and English
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python and more specifically pandas)
What we offer:
- Working together with a passionate team spread across Europe with decades of experience in the energy markets
- Relaxed atmosphere and flexible work time arrangements
- On-the-job training
- Insights into one of the most relevant sectors of the economy at the core of the green energy transition
- Possibility to contribute with your own ideas to developing analytical products
- Fair remuneration
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability status etc.