Short-term modeling analyst – European power markets
Volue insight is looking for a junior market analyst to strengthen our Analysis team. This is a full-time position based in Norway with Arendal as priority, but Oslo will also be considered.
As part of our analysis team your main responsibilities will be:
- Development of short-term spot modelling based on established in-house modelling tools. The model is a combination of AI/machine learning models and more traditional fundamental models. All modelling is based on Volue Insight’s fundamental data input.
- Working together with the model development team to improve existing European models and with other analysts regarding their inputs into the modelling.
- Model application and maintenance (validation and updating, interpretation of results, assumptions).
- Contribute to product development by identifying new opportunities and expanding our capabilities.
- Continuously increase quality by evaluating, extending, and improving current products.
- Cooperate with the IT and Quantitative departments to ensure reliable and consistent data flow.
- Project management.
- Engaging with customers to understand their requirements.
- Support our sales team in their processes and present Volue Insight’s views and insights in customer meetings, webinars, conferences, etc.
- Communicate our views and model insights both online and events all over Europe.
- Daily operations.
- Strong academic background, preferably master’s degree in economics or engineering.
- Good programming skills, especially in Python (Pandas) are strongly preferable, as well as understanding of machine learning algorithms and the API concept.
- Prior exposure to energy market modelling and experience from modelling and optimization is an advantage.
- Structured and analytical approach to all tasks.
- Experience in project management and good ability to work independently.
- The ability to communicate and work with all manner of team members, in an inclusive way.
- Excellent team-player with good communication and presentation skills also for external customers.
- Fluency in English.
By joining Volue Insight, you get:
- To join a company in transition to become European leader from analysis to planning/operating and optimizing the energy transition.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive international working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- Relaxed atmosphere and flexible worktime arrangements, on-the-job training.
- Supportive colleagues, where team spirit, cooperation, trust and honesty are highly valued and rewarded.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Volue is an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented and hardworking individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background or religious beliefs. We know that when our employees feel appreciated and included, they can be more creative, innovative and successful. We look forward to receiving your application and will consider applicants consecutively. For further information regarding the position, don’t hesitate to contact us. Senior Analyst Katinka Bogaard (firstname.lastname@example.org) +47 965 08 448 or HR Manager Kari-Anne Slaaen (email@example.com) +47 992 71 779.
Søknadsfrist: 4. august 2021